https://vimeo.com/469637722/c99d4e60c3Role: Permanent Full Time
Location: North West & West Sydney
Duties and Responsibilities:
This role involves the provision of a variety of speech pathology services provided to clients funded by HCP, CHSP and STRC programs. Training is provided for development areas through an individualised supervision framework
- Predominantly Dysphagia caseload and management within residential aged care, with community clients requiring management of dysphagia and communication who have neurodegenerative, respiratory, and cardiac conditions and/or acquired brain injuries.
- Assessment and management of speech, language, voice, and swallowing difficulties in adults with diverse medical backgrounds within both the community and in residential aged care facilities
- Advocating for Speech Pathology intervention to optimise function and maximise quality of life
- Working with clients, their families, and other staff members to ensure a patient-centered model of care
- Provision of education and support to clients, their families and staff members on the management of dysphagia and communication difficulties
The ideal candidate will have:
- Graduate experience in the assessment and management of speech, language, voice and swallowing difficulties within the adult population
- A passion for empowering adults to achieve their goals and maximising their Quality of Life
- Excellent interpersonal communication with strong analytical skills and evidence-based problem-solving abilities
- A flexible approach to clinical care, with the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to take on feedback and alter their plans to enhance their practice accordingly
- Ability to work independently while still maintaining engagement within a mobile workforce
Due to rapid growth, we have exciting opportunities for energetic and passionate clinicians to join our dynamic team, and we are currently offering:
- Flexible working arrangements. Enjoy completing any non-face-to-face work at home!
- Upskilling is provided in areas of development
- Weekly peer support, a culture of team learning and sharing wins
- Dedicated supervisors and team leaders comprised of experienced, multidisciplinary clinicians able to create individualised supervisory frameworks to support clinician learning and development
- Access to internal Learning Hub that provides assessment resources, therapy resources and in-house Professional Development
- Monthly professional development with internal/external presenters
- Relocation assistance up to $5000 for regional and rural locations
- A structured and progressive career path with potential to lead to a management role
- Employee assistance program – Access to 24/7 confidential mental health and wellbeing support
- Reward and recognition program – Monthly, quarterly and annual peer-nominated recognition rewards
- Novated leasing - Finance a vehicle using your pre-tax income
Vivir Healthcare is Australia’s leading Healthcare Provider within the Aged, Community and Disability sectors. We make a difference to over 20,000 lives every week by providing Allied Health solutions in residential aged care facilities, community, as well as in the homes of elderly people, and retirement villages.
Our team has been working to improve the lives of elderly Australians for over 20 years, blending expert aged care services with a genuine commitment to high-quality care.
Vivir Healthcare works in conjunction with customers developing client specific Allied Health programs designed to cater for all residents/clients/consumers across the elderly and disabled communities. Guided by our core principles of ‘Stronger together’ and ‘Even better tomorrow’, our new programs ensure older and disabled Australians continue to have access to essential Allied Health services.
Opportunities available across Residential Aged care, Community Home care and NDIS.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Eligibility for Speech Pathology Australia (SPA) membership
- Drivers’ license and reliable vehicle
- Professional indemnity insurance, or willingness to obtain
- Valid NDIS Worker Screening Clearance, or willingness to obtain
- 2023 Flu Vaccine Certificate, or willingness to obtain
- COVID vaccine certificate, or willingness to obtain
Apply directly or get in touch today!
For more information, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org